About NWS Elite
NWS Elite Tournament Teams
NWS Elite Fastpitch
NWS Elite Team
NWS Elite News
NWS Elite FAQs
NWS Elite Clinics
2017 - 2018
NWS Elite / Batter's Box
Pitching Instructional Program
The 2017 - 2018 NWS Fastpitch / Batter's Box Fastpitch Instructional Pitching Program will run through late spring 2018!
We had another successful season last year with many upper class Pitchers having succesful High School and summer tournament seasons!
Now... let's work even harder for this season!
A BIG Thank you to Mr. Tim Kelleher, Owner of the Batter's Box for making this program possible!
“Josh Vazquez/Maximum Exposure Sports Photography @maxexsports”
Interested in getting a slot in our 2017 - 2018 program?
Please send an E Mail to email@example.com!
Check out the many achievements / pictures / and "Slow MO" videos of our pitchers and their teams on our Facebook Page, by clicking here or our Instagram Page, by clicking here!
NWS Fastptich / Batter's Box Fastpitch Instructional Pitching Program Information:
NWS Fastpitch and the Batter's Box of Westfield, Ma., have been teamed up for the last five years offering a Fastpitch Pitching training program, with head pitching instructor and Division 2 Scholarship Athlete Marisa Markiewicz, and longtime Fastpitch Pitching Instructor and Fastpitch Coach, Mike Markiewicz.
The program offers Girls Fastpitch Private / Semi-private pitching lessons, using side by side pitching tunnels, with a student in each, and a senior instructor, for each hour.
The program started at the Batter's Box in 2012, and and is now entering it's 6th year, running every Sunday morning, and Monday evening, through at least mid Mid 2018, and longer if there is interest.
Based on the level of attendance and interest, we may expand to another week night or weekend class.
Classes are currently scheduled on Sunday mornings at 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am , 11:00 am and noontime, and on Mondays at 4:00 pm, 5:00 pm and 6:00pm, and we continue to look at other slots as the program grows.
During the training season, Sunday or Monday lessons can be booked in a minimum "block" of (4) one hour lessons, for $240.00, 0r a block of (8) lessons for $480.00.
If you are interested in attending the NWS Elite / Batter's Box Fastpitch pitching program in 2018, please send an E Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to register and indiacte your desired time slot! You may have to wait for a slot to open, based on availability, so sign up now!
Program guidelines and rules are listed below in more detail, and by submitting payment, you agree to the terms of the program.
Please read the guidelines and rules below carefully, understand the program completely, as agreement to these terms and provisions are required to participate in the program!
The Scheduled times slots are as follows:
- Sunday 8:00 AM
- Sunday 9:00 AM
- Sunday 10:00 AM
- Sunday 11:00 AM
- Sunday Noon
- Monday 4:00 PM
- Monday 5:00 PM
- Monday 6:00 PM
Please email email@example.com to get a slot, or get your name on the list, as we work to open additional slots in the program!
Payments can be made by Check, Debit or Credit Card.
Checks - Make Check Payable to:
57 Southview Dr.
Southwick, Ma. 01077
Debit / Credit Cards - Online Payments accepted below, using any major Credit or Debit card.
Payment for this program by check / debit / credit indicates full acceptance of the "Terms and Conditions" stated at the bottom of this page!
Please read them carefully!
Markiewicz (American International College)
- Began playing softball at age 7 and began pitching
at age 9.
- Has played in more than 445 Official Softball Games,
pitching in 219 of them.
- Holds a career record of 124 wins and 41 losses, yielding
636 hits, 449 walks in 1,045 1/3 innings while striking out 1,432 batters,
with an ERA of 1.31
- High School Record 27-8, with 478 Strikeouts in 278
innings, with 60 walks, an ERA of 1.03, batting average of .388, two
All Western Mass First Team Awards. Led her team to four playoff appearances
with two Western Mass semi-final finishes in her last two consecutive
- Has pitched in 4 National Tournaments in both PONY
and NSA Organizations.
- Joined Division II American International College,
Springfield, Ma., as a Junior.
- Pitched in 37 Division II College games over two seasons,
for Judy Groff (2nd most wins in Div II College history).
- In 2006 held the lowest ERA on the American International
Team with 21 appearances, at 2.45.
- Pitched for the NWS Elite 23U tournament team in 2007 & 2008
- Fastpitch Pitching instructor for NWS
Since the program's inception - 2003-present
- Click here to learn more about Marisa!
Instructor - Jenna Makuch (Westfield University)
- Pitching in Competitive Fastpitch Environment since age 12.
- "Stafree" Competitive Tournament Fastpitch Softball since age 13.
- Led her High School Team to four playoff appearances
and three Western Mass Semi-Finals!
- 2003 "Western Mass Pitcher of the Year"
and "Athlete of the Week"!
- Pitched her Team to a 2nd place finish in the 2002 PONY Nationals,
as #1 pitcher!
- Pitched for Westfield State University in 2003 - 2004!
- Has pitched in Six National Tournaments!
Instructor - Nicle Handzel (Ida College)
- Four year high school starter and #1 pitcher
- Awarded Co-MVP Freshman Year of High School
- Awarded MVP Sophomore and Senior year of
- Set the Palmer High School record for strikeouts, with 717
- Achieved 4 playoff appearances for Palmer High School
- As Pitcher for the Palmer Merchants, achieved:
- Winner for Regional Champions in 2010
- Winner of State Championship in 2010
- Qualified for Nationals in 2010
- College Career: Varsity starter and #1 pitcher for the Mount Ida
Mustangs. In Freshmen year:
- Ranked 15th in the nation for strikeouts in division III
in 2014, as a freshman
Click here to take a pitch from Nicole!
Instructor - Jessica Colson (Franklin Pierce Univiersity / Elms College)
- Attended the NWS Fastpitch Training Program for 7 years
- Attended Agawam High School, where she was a 2 year varsity captain
- Collected 25 career wins, with 219 innings pitched, and 205 strike outs
- All-Western Mass first team selection
- Led her team (Agawam Brownies) to the Western Mass Division
One Finals in 2011
- Played on the NWS Elite 16U Team from 2009 - 2011 season
- College Career: Attened Franklin Pierce University as a Freshman, and was
named a starting Pitcher
- Started 8 games, collecting 45 strikeous in her Freshman year
- Named "NCAA Division 2 All Academic"
- Transfer to Elms College after her Freshman year, and was named starting pitcher
- Recorded a career ERA of 3.15, with 347 strikeouts
- Was a 3 time "NCAA Divison 3 All Academic"
- Made 17 appearances in her senior year (2015) recording a (7-4) record
- Threw 8 complete games, racking up 6.47 strikeouts per game,
and a 2.32 ERA!
- Capped the season with a "New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) Championship!
- The first NECC Fastpitch Championship in Elms
2017 Program Registration:
can apply for registration for the program by sending an E Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include
the following information for each potential pitcher: Name Date of Birth Age School Home Phone Number Cell Phone Number (for last minute cancellation
etc) Address Email address (One that is checked regularly) We will work out your
time slot via E Mail, and you will receive
a confirmation email. Space
is very limited in this program, so we strongly encourage you to register
and secure your slot early. To
start this process, please indicate what time slot you wish to fill. Again, the choices are:
note that all students that hold current time slots, hold those slots until such time as they decide to discontinue lessons. We will do our best to accommodate your
requested times. However, we cannot promise you any particular
time. Again, we will do our best! Your
time slot will be one hour, and fall on the same time and day each
you require additional information, or have any questions, please contact
NWS Fastpitch at:
Sunday at 10:00 am
Sunday at 11:00 am
Sunday at noon
Monday 4:00 pm
Monday 5:00 pm
Monday 6:00 pm
Location / Directions:
The program is run at the "Batter's Box" in Westfield, Mass. The Batter's Box is located at 170 Lockhouse Rd, Westfield, MA 01085 - Phone:(413) 579-5462.
Click here for Directions
to the Batter's Box
Then enter your starting location to get turn by turn directions.
Terms & Conditions:
- To facilitate program scheduling, we require all program fees to be paid in a minimum "block" of (4), or (8) week increments, and paid two weeks prior to your first lesson of the block, to participate. If your payments are not received two weeks in advance, your slot may be allocated to another student, at the NWS Fastpitch staff's discretion, without notification!
- Payments can be made in three methods:
- On line via the payment link listed on this page via any major credit or debit card
- Via credit or debit card directly with your instructor
- By personal check made out to "NWS Fastpitch"
- Note: there is a $50.00 charge for any checks returned for insufficient funds
- Program scheduling is administered by the NWS Fastpitch instructors.
- You can register for the program by sending an email to email@example.com
- Please provide the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Home Phone Number
- Cell Phone Number (for last minute cancellation
- Email address (One that is checked regularly)
- Preferred time slot and day
- You will receive an email confirming your time slot.
- Once you have secured a time slot, it is considered “your slot”, until such time as you discontinue your lessons.
- In such cases, your time slot will become available, and may be filled by the NWS Fastpitch staff, with another participant.
- Pitchers must bring their own catcher
- A parent, sibling or friend is acceptable
- Each catcher must wear a face mask as a minimum.
- We strongly recommend additional protective equipment for catchers, such as shin guards, chest protector, etc.
- We do not supply equipment.
- It is a real benefit if the pitchers can work with their regular season catcher to develop a "battery" approach to pitching, but this is not required.
- Catcher training is not part of this program, but may be available separately, if requested.
- The program will provide the regular softball practice balls for pitching sessions, and additional special training equipment.
- If you wish to use an indoor safety training ball, we recommend a special type called a "Flexi Ball".
- These are made by "Diamond", are Optic Yellow in color, and have a real leather cover, but are softer than regular softballs for safety purposes.
- These balls are not provided, but can be ordered over the internet, or at most good sports equipment stores.
- For reference - Search for "Diamond Flexi-ball #DFX-12RFP – 12 Inch, or DFX-11RFP – 11 Inch".
- The 11 inch ball is used by the youngest players
- Clearly mark all of your own equipment (including your personal practice balls) with your name.
- We are not responsible for lost / stolen equipment.
- Pitchers and catchers must wear indoor sneakers during training.
- If you cannot make your class for any reason (school activities, family obligations, etc), we will try our very best to offer you a makeup class on a space available basis. However, space in the program is very limited, so this must be regarded as a courtesy, and not classes that are owed to you because you could not attend!
- Substitute instructors may be used on occasions where primary instructors are not available, at NWS Fastpitch discretion.
- The program has the right to change instructors at any time.
- In the event of snow or other issues that render the facility unusable, classes will be continued the following week. (You will not lose that lesson).
Please address any issues via email to firstname.lastname@example.org